Friday, July 1, 2011

Homeschooling

I am going through our school books from last year and seeing how we didn't get as much done as I would have liked. We used the Abeka DVD program and have used it for the last 3 years. I started using it because I have a part time job. I work from January to April managing a tax office. So I wanted something that would be easier for us to use during that time. However my daughter didn't like sitting at a computer all day. She didn't like not being able to ask questions and getting an answer right away. She spent hours in front of the TV or computer screen. I didn't like that fact. It was very easy to get behind and very hard to play catch up. I love Abeka, we used it before the DVD program. I will be using just the curriculum this year. We will see how that goes. We are also going to join a co-op. I will let you know how that goes.

As a homeschool mom, I try my best not to coddle my children to much but it really hurts me when they get upset because they can't learn something in the time frame of when they want to learn it. So most of my time is spent going over something a lot before we have to test on it. That way they can make a good grade and they feel happy because they have actually learned the material. I never test and give them the answers. That is just not going to help them. I want them to learn so much. Life can be so busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment